At VCBC we are committed to providing a warm and open environment where you can explore your relationship to God and experience God’s unconditional love lived out among a people who are “on the way.” We haven’t arrived yet, but know that God is calling us to be like Christ and experience the fullness of life and love that is found in him. We are passionate about forming genuine followers of Jesus Christ who seek to live out God’s will in all areas of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- All Scripture (the Holy Bible) is inspired by God.
- There is one God, consisting of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is known as the Triune God.
- Jesus Christ is the only Son of God. He died on the cross and rose again to redeem humankind from their sins.
- The Holy Spirit is our teacher and guide.
- Man was created in the image of God.
- Salvation is the gift of God and cannot be purchased or earned.
- Satan is the author of sin and the declared enemy of God.
- There will be a bodily Resurrection of the dead and judgment of all humankind.
- The Return of Jesus Christ will be personal and imminent.
- Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We observe the Lord’s Supper to commemorate the death of Jesus Christ.
- The Church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers.
The only response to God’s freely given grace is worship that is heart-felt and open. The worship ministry is dedicated to creating an atmosphere of genuine worship, in which God’s Spirit can transform us. Whether on Sunday mornings or during special praise gatherings, see below the ways you can serve.
The Nurturing team works with the pastoral staff to provide training and nurturing opportunities that lead people to spiritual maturity. This includes Bible study, leadership development, mentoring, and training in the spiritual disciplines. We also facilitates Sunday Life Groups (SLG) as a way for our community to grow.
The purpose of the Children’s Ministry is to partner with parents to bring children into a relationship with Jesus Christ and to empower them through teaching, worship, and relationship building so as to serve and share Christ in the world. We strive to teach the Word of God to your child through all our programs.
The Congregational Life team focuses on strengthening our connectedness within the church body, from supporting fellowships and small groups to hosting congregation-wide events. The team also helps bring awareness of what is going on in the Body and also encourages members to become involved.
We are a church that is committed to mission. God is a missional God and calls us to join him in living out and sharing the Good News, which is the message that God loves us and calls us into a new and abundant life in and through Jesus Christ. We are involved in missions both local and overseas.
PRAYER, CARE, & SOCIAL CONCERN
The PCS ministry helps members of our congregation become involved as an expression of the gospel’s holistic concern. This includes praying for the world, the church, and each other; caring for the congregation; and putting faith into action through social concern for the community and the world.
Connect with Us Personally
We'd love to get in touch with you in person. Find us at 7474 Culloden St, Vancouver, give us a call at (604)325-6314, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
If you would love to stay up to date on what's happening at VCBC, you may subscribe to The Well, our weekly community newsletter. Click to Subscribe.
Are you looking for someone to pray for you? You may submit your prayer request via our Prayer Box and our team will be praying for you. You may even leave your contact for us to reach out and pray together with you.
Worship with Us
The best way to get to know us would be worshipping with us together on Sundays! Although with COVID our in-person services have suspended, you can still participate with us on Sundays via Zoom.