At VCBC we are committed to providing a warm and open environment where you can explore your relationship to God and experience God’s unconditional love lived out among a people who are “on the way.” We haven’t arrived yet, but know that God is calling us to be like Christ and experience the fullness of life and love that is found in him. We are passionate about forming genuine followers of Jesus Christ who seek to live out God’s will in all areas of life.
OUR CORE VALUES
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- All Scripture (the Holy Bible) is inspired by God.
- There is one God, consisting of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is known as the Triune God.
- Jesus Christ is the only Son of God. He died on the cross and rose again to redeem humankind from their sins.
- The Holy Spirit is our teacher and guide.
- Man was created in the image of God.
- Salvation is the gift of God and cannot be purchased or earned.
- Satan is the author of sin and the declared enemy of God.
- There will be a bodily Resurrection of the dead and judgment of all humankind.
- The Return of Jesus Christ will be personal and imminent.
- Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We observe the Lord’s Supper to commemorate the death of Jesus Christ.
- The Church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers.
Our community focuses on six different core ministry areas to express our mission and vision. Learn more about ways in which you may get involved with us!
The Worship Ministry is dedicated to creating an atmosphere of genuine worship, in which God’s Spirit can transform us. Whether on Sunday mornings or during special praise gatherings, see below the ways you can serve.
The Nurturing team works with the pastoral staff to provide training and nurturing opportunities that lead people to spiritual maturity. This includes Bible study, leadership development, mentoring, and training in the spiritual disciplines.
The Children’s Ministry partners with parents to bring children into a relationship with Jesus Christ and to empower them to serve and share Christ in the world. We strive to teach the Word of God to your child through all our programs.
The Congregational Life team focuses on strengthening our connectedness within the church body. The team also helps bring awareness of what is going on in the Body and also encourages members to become involved.
We are a church that is committed to mission. God is a missional God and calls us to join him in living out and sharing the Good News, which is the message that God loves us and calls us into a new and abundant life in and through Jesus Christ.
PRAYER, CARE, & SOCIAL CONCERN
The PCS ministry helps members of our congregation become involved as an expression of the gospel’s holistic concern. This includes praying for the world; caring for the congregation; and putting faith into action.
Whether you just want to learn more about us and the Christian faith or just someone craving community, we'd love to get in touch with you!
Contact Us Directly
We'd love to get in touch with you in person. Find us at 7474 Culloden St, Vancouver, give us a call at (604)325-6314, or email us at email@example.com
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
If you would love to stay up to date on what's happening at VCBC, you may subscribe to The Well, our weekly community newsletter.
Are you looking for someone to pray for you? You may submit your prayer request via our Prayer Box and our team will be praying for you. You may even leave your contact for us to reach out and pray together with you.