September 1, 2019
Message by Pastor Hans Hau
Text: Matthew 5:13-16
I. The Lord’s charge and exhortation!
1. The nature of this charge and exhortation,
2. The immediate and biblical context,
3. Our contemporary challenges.
II. The significance of these two metaphors!
1. The theological significance,
2. The moral implications,
3. The practical applications.
III. The dire warnings against not being the salt and light of the world!
1. The total violation of God’s intended nature of salt and light,
2. The world would even trample us under their feet,
3. We will ” lose ” ourselves.
Responses: Let us put on Christ and let others see Jesus in us!