See you again in 2023
VBS is back this year in July! Join us for an exciting week of games, activities, crafts, and growth together. We are excited to tell you that kids in Kindergarten to Grade 6 will be having its first in-person full day VBS since 2019! Pre-schoolers will have an online half day version that is equally as enjoyable.
We think it’s possible for kids and volunteers to create a ripple effect that can impact the world around them in ways they will never forget. God dropped you onto this planet to do the same thing — to make waves. You’re designed to make positive change in the world. And the kids who show up in your ministry need to believe that about themselves, too.
Age: 3 - 5 years old (Pre-K)
Hours: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Includes: Camp Shirt, Craft Materials, Zoom Sessions
Age: K - Grade 6 (based on 2021-22 year)
Hours: M - Th 9:00am - 4:00pm (F 9:00 am - 12:00pm)
Includes: Camp Shirt, VBS Materials, Snack, and Hot Lunch (Monday to Thursday)
Our VBS is filled with plenty of different activities suitable for kids with varying interests and giftings. Take a look at what we have to offer!
Our VBS Carnival is back! Like previous years, we want to celebrate the end of our VBS together with a carnival on Friday evening. Unlike previous years, we will only be hosting it for our campers and their family. Stay tuned for more details!
Our VBS will not be possible without the dedication and sacrifices of our volunteers. If you share an interest to help support this year's camp, do consider joining our team! Training and plenty of support will be provided to help you thrive in your role!
Registration for VBS opens on April 18.
Preparing for Registration
To best prepare yourself for registration, please have the following information available:
Food Allergy Information, T-Shirt Size, 2 Emergency Contacts with Phone Number.
Registration fee can be made via 2 options:
- Cash or Cheque: physical payment at the church with the exact amount during church office hours. cheque payable to Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church, memo: VBS 2022 & name(s) of camper(s).
- Interac E-transfer: recipient address - firstname.lastname@example.org, with memo: VBS 2022 registration & name(s) of camper(s). We will send you a confirmation email once the payment has been processed
Note: VBS registration fee is not tax receipt eligible.
Our team takes the health and safety of our children very seriously. Our VBS follows VCBC's COVID-19 Safety Plan, including but not limited to:
- (As of April 18) VCBC continues to uphold a mandatory face mask policy for all events held inside the church building.
- While physical distancing within a children's camp is difficult, we will ensure that all campers and volunteers practice proper health hygiene to minimize COVID risks. This includes regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizer, avoiding any unnecessary physical contact, and regular self-health monitoring.
- Volunteers and campers are asked to refrain from sharing any food or drink items at our VBS.
- We ask that any campers or volunteers who experience COVID like symptoms to report to the VBS staff ASAP. Such person(s) is asked to stay home and be refrained from attending our physical camp for the rest of the week.*