This team helps identify areas in which members of the congregation can become involved in the community and the world as an expression of the gospel’s holistic concern.
The PCS team focuses on meeting human needs in the name of Christ. This includes:
- Praying for the world, the church, and each other
- Caring for the congregation
- Putting faith into action through social concern for the community and the world
We encourage you to take time daily to stop, be still before the Lord, and pray. Being connected with God is the essential foundation of all we do as followers of Christ.
“…for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” – Isaiah 56:7b (NIV)
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” – Colossians 4:2 (NIV)
The Prayer Team serves through:
- Praying for You – Communicate any prayer request or praise item to the pastors. You can use a pew card during Sunday worship services, call 604.325.6314, or email email@example.com. Prayer requests are directed to the pastors and kept confidential, or if requested, are shared with the prayer team.
- Communicating About Prayer – We have a dedicated group of writers who compile weekly prayer items for the bulletin and write the monthly prayer blog.
- Learning and Growing in Prayer – We have facilitated several Sunday Life Group modules on prayer. We are currently working on providing more resources to help the congregation learn and grow in the area of prayer. If you have a specific question about prayer, send our prayer team an email.
- Planning Prayer Retreats – Held twice a year, these events provide opportunities for church members to spend extended time with God in prayer. Prayer guides are provided and there are individual and group prayer times. Dates will be announced in the bulletin and on the website. The prayer retreats are planned and hosted by the PCS Team and ministry leaders in the Cantonese and Mandarin congregations.
- Facilitating Prayer Partnerships – We invite you to be involved in praying for:
a) congregational, urgent/immediate prayer requests
b) Sunday worship services
c) an English congregation ministry and its leadership
If you’re interested to know more about our Prayer Ministry or how to be involved, please contact Danita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Caring Team works with Pastoral Staff and Deacons to walk alongside, support, and encourage congregation members and their families in times of special need.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:2 (NIV)
If you’re interested to know more about our Caring Ministry or how to be involved, please contact Danita at email@example.com.
If you have an urgent financial need, please contact the charity committee directly.
We share the love of Christ with the world because He loves and cares for us. We can live out the gospel in a tangible and holistic way through social concern. We encourage you to practice social concern by relating Christ to all areas of life through meeting the practical and spiritual needs of our community and through caring for God’s creation.
“He has showed you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8 (NIV)
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” – Matthew 25:35-36 (NIV)
“If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother and sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in you? …let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” – 1 John 3:17-18 (NIV)
The Social Concern Team serves the community through:
Neighborhood Garbage and Leaf Cleanups
We serve the neighborhood around VCBC and care for God’s creation by picking up litter in the blocks near the church several times a year and by raking leaves in the fall. These cleanups are a joint effort between the English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations.
Partnering with Ministries in the Community
We partner with and have volunteered for Christian ministries that focus on social concern in the local community, including:
Interested in the above ministries? Want to know more? Looking to begin a new ministry related to social concern? We have the resources you need. Let the PCS team know! Contact Danita at firstname.lastname@example.org.