Led by Dr. Stanley Yen, this SLG, titled An Old-Earth Perspective on Science and Scripture, will be a follow up to our Origin of Creation Series. This course will cover the following topics:
(1) The Christian foundations of science and the limitations of science.
(2) Evidence from physics, astronomy and geology for an old earth.
(3) Fine tuning in physics and astronomy as evidence of the Creator.
(4) Evidence from biology and paleontology for the antiquity of life on earth.
(5) How an old Earth fits into a faithful reading of the Bible.
The Old Earth Perspective Module has concluded. Thank you for participating in the classes!
Notes from the sessions:
* Please note that notes from this SLG are for internal circulation for those participating in the class only. Please do not redistribute them without the permission of the SLG facilitator.
Session 1 – Science Seeking Coherence in the Works of God
Session 2 – Radioactive Dating Techniques (Part 1)
Session 3 – Radioactive Dating Techniques (Part 2)
Session 4 – (a) Varieties of Old Earth Views
Session 4 – (b) Warfield – A Biblical Inerrantist as Evolutionist
Session 5 – Impact Craters and Stellar Evolution
Session 6 – Element Synthesis in Stars
Session 7 – Non-Concordist Reading of the Bible
Session 8 – (a) Noah’s Flood- Local or Global?
Session 8 – (b) Astronomical Evidence for a Billions year old Universe
Session 8 – (c) Star and Planet Formation
Session 9 – Glacial deposits and Rock Layers
Session 9b – Testing and Verifying Old Age Evidence
Session 9c – The Noachian Flood: Universal or Local?
Session 10 – Fossil Succssion, Genetic Entropy, and Soft Tissues in Dinosaurs
Session 11 – Reading Genesis 1 with Ancient Eyes
Session 11b – Erroneous YEC Model of Planetary Magnetic Fields
Session 12 – General Relativity & Module Review
For the Young Earth Creationism response, please visit the module’s page