- MBM and AGM (Jan 31) January 15, 2021
Jan 31 @1pm
The MBM and AGM will be held online via Zoom starting with the MBM followed by AGM. We ask all Registered Members interested to attend to please contact the Church Office by email address (email@example.com) by Jan. 27 in order to register for the MBM and AGM and for us to directly send you the formal Agenda, minutes from the last MBM, and the link to join the Zoom meeting. Please note that any voting for this meeting will be done electronically and will be recorded. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Moderators of the Church. We look forward to your participation. Note: An abridged version of the Agendas are available for download below.Read More
- New Adult SLG Module – Starts January 10th December 30, 2020
Adult SLG – An Old Earth Perspective on Science and Scripture
Led by Stanley Yen. This is a follow up class to our Origin of Creation Series. Learn more starting January 10th, 11:15AM at slg.vcbc.ca
- Christmas Service – Dec 25 December 23, 2020
We will be having an Online Christmas Day Service on Friday, Dec 25 at 10am. Join us in celebration of Christ’s birth on earth on Christmas Day. (Launch Meeting – Zoom)
- 2020 Advent Devotional Booklet – Good News amidst Chaos November 28, 2020
The season of Advent begins Sunday, November 29. It is a season of anticipation of Christ’s birth leading up to Christmas. Our very own Rev. Sam Wong has written an Advent Devotional Booklet that is available for download below. The theme is “Good News amidst Chaos“. Please feel free to use it on your own or or in your virtual small group.
- Blue Christmas Service – Dec 20 November 28, 2020
An Online Blue Christmas Service will be held on Sunday, Dec 20 at 7pm. This event provides an alternative platform for those who feel pressured to engage in a joyous and celebratory tone to still engage in safe and reflective worship during Christmas. Please stay tuned for more details.
- Sunday Life Group: The Book of Job October 3, 2020
Fall Module (Sundays @ 11:15am, from Oct 4 to Dec 13)
Instructor: Rev. Paul Chan
“In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.” Whether Ben Franklin or Mark Twain was the original author of this quote, he
should have added “suffering” to the list.
- Suffering has driven many to atheism “There cannot be a God!”
- Suffering has driven many simply to turn away from God: “He does not care!”
- Suffering has drawn many closer to God: “Lord, I cannot go through it alone.”
- Suffering has also become a favourite subject of philosophers and theologians who have filled the world’s libraries with their volumes.
- Suffering has also become a basis on which for some to pass judgement on the innocence or guilt of the sufferers.
As Christians, we also struggle with this inevitable in life, wondering:
- Is it the work of Satan?
- Is it a direct result of our sins?
- Is it an indirect result of the sins of the world?
- Why do good people suffer?
Join us as we wrestle with these age-old questions together with Job and his three friends in the Book of Job. You may be surprised to find out that the ultimate teaching of this book has less to do with suffering, but more to do with a far more important truth that is central to the faith in Yahweh!
Schedule & Materials for This Term are available at: https://vcbc.ca/jobslg/
- P2G Choir Registration October 3, 2020
- Extended Deadline – Rev. Paul Chan’s Total Growth Discipleship Course September 5, 2020
Sept 15 is the Final Registration Date for Rev. Paul Chan’s 27 week Total Growth Discipleship Course (Nov 2020 – May 2021). Thank you very much for those of you who have already registered for the course. Those who are still interested, please register before our extended deadline. For health and safety reasons and to better accommodate participants’ schedules, the weekly sessions will now be completely conducted online. While there is no registration fee for this course, you are required to purchase a selection of books. Subsidies are available for students and others. You will be assigned to smaller accountability groups and are encouraged to meet together once a month on your own. For more information, please visit https://vcbc.ca/total-growth/. Please submit your completed registration form to the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Pre-Registration for Pioneer Clubs 2020/2021 August 14, 2020
Pioneer Clubs. We are now accepting pre-registrations for Pioneer Clubs. Please register online at https://bit.ly/pioneer21 so we can have an estimate of how many children are interested, if the church reopened. Thank you.
- Summer Conference 2020 August 13, 2020
Watch the sessions again at: https://summercon2020.vcbc.ca
Sept 1 – 6: Save the week for Summer Conference 2020 – “Living in Times Like These”. We are so glad to be having a virtual Summer Conference with Pastor Paul Chan as our speaker. We intend to run two attendance tracks for you to choose from: 1) Flexible Track, where you (or your small group) can download and view sessions any time during the week. 2) Traditional Track, where we will host two sessions, including small group discussions and prayer time, on Saturday, September 5 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm and then from 7:30 to 9:00 pm. The conference will end with our Sunday morning service on September 6. You can register for either track at https://bit.ly/2020summercon. For inquiries please contact Jackson via email@example.com. We look forward to having you join us!