The VCBC English Congregation is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Youth and Young Adult Ministry Worker for our church. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. A pdf printer-friendly version of the posting is available here.
The information for the job posting is available below:
Job Description: Youth and Young Adult Ministry Worker (Temporary Part-time)
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Worker is primarily responsible for providing ministerial support to the youth and young adult ministry. The role focuses on equipping and assisting the Next Generation (“Next Gen”) Ministry Team of volunteers in fulfilling its ministry vision and mission that is consistent with the overall mission of the church.
This position closely and reports to the Next Gen Pastor who will supervise, evaluate this individual and provide a report of evaluation to the Personnel Committee. The successful candidate will work part time (approx. 20 hours/week).
Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church (VCBC) is a church with 51 years of history consisting of three congregations (Cantonese, English, Mandarin). Serving a large portion of our VCBC community, the Next Gen Ministry focuses on two demographics: youth, and young adults. With close to 100 members under its responsibility (with a female/male ratio of 65%/35%), the Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team shares leadership and mentorship support.
- Offer spiritual care and mentorship to youths and young adults in their walks of faith.
- Provide spiritual, operational, administrative support to the Youth and Young Adults Ministry Teams, including and not limited to:
A. Small groups & fellowships (usually on Friday and Saturday evening) as assigned by the Next Gen Pastor.
B. Youth Ministry Team and Young Adult Ministry Team meetings.
C. Special ministry events (i.e. retreats, camps, seminars, mission projects and trips).
D. Outreach, home (and hospital, as needed) visitation, of youths and young adults.
E. Follow-up and liaison with youth and young adult group members and guests.
- Collaborate with the Next Gen ministry team in fulfilling its vision and mission.
- Attend regular respective Pastoral Staff and English Ministry Leadership Team meetings.
- Participation in VCBC’s Sunday Service highly desired.
- A committed follower of Christ who is passionate about helping other followers of Christ, connect with one another and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have at least 2 years of experiences serving in youth and/or young adult ministries (either on staff or as a volunteer).
- Share gifts and competencies to effectively carry out this ministry position.
- Graduated from or currently enrolled in an accredited Bible College or Seminary (preferred).
- Committed to ministry philosophy and programs of Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church
- Having cross-cultural ministry experience will be an asset but not required.
- Subscribe to and agree with VCBC’s Statement of Faith.