The VCBC Search Committee is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of (post title) for our church. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 2, 2022. A pdf printer-friendly version of the posting is available here.
The information for the job posting is available below:
Job Description: Next Gen Ministry Pastor (Youth)
This Pastor is primarily responsible for providing ministerial leadership to develop a comprehensive youth ministry that is consistent with the mission of the church.
This Pastor reports to the Associate Pastor or designate who will supervise, evaluate, and provide a report of evaluation to the Personnel Committee.
A. A committed follower of Christ who is passionate about helping other followers of Christ connect with one another and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
B. He/she must be a leader of leaders; an excellent communicator in one-on-one, small and large group settings and be a team player.
C. He/she must have gifts and competencies to effectively carry out this ministry position.
D. A Bible College or Seminary graduate ( M. Div preferred)
E. Committed to ministry philosophy and programs of Vancouver Chinese Baptist Church.
F. Cross-cultural experience will be an asset.
G. Subscribe to and agree with the Baptist Faith and Message (1963).
H. Shall have at least two years working with youth and young adults in lay or ministerial role (in a multiple staff setting preferred).
To equip and assist the church organizations and leaders in shepherding, facilitating, and sustaining comprehensive youth and young adult ministries in support of the mission and objectives of the church.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Provide spiritual and administrative guidance to the Youth and Young Adults ministry teams.
- Attend and report as necessary at meetings of the English Congregation Leadership Team the activities, achievements and needs of the youth and young adult ministries.
- Participate in planning and conducting worship services, preaching, Sunday School.
- Participate in home visitation, outreach and hospital visitation.
- Serve in collaboration with the Next Gen ministry team in fulfilling its vision and mission as in line with the church.
- Keep the Associate Pastor abreast of youth and young adult ministries and needs.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
Responsibilities in Youth Ministry
- Develop and facilitate a youth ministry that draws youth to Christ and promotes spiritual growth.
- Provide pastoral care and support to youth and youth leaders in their walks of faith.
- Evaluate and direct resources to fulfill the discipleship and mentorship needs of youth, youth leaders, and those interested in serving in youth ministry.
- Supervise and oversee ministry related activities (retreats, camps, mission projects and trips, etc.) that serve all youth at various levels of spiritual maturity, within the goals and objectives of evangelism, outreach, worship, fellowship, and discipleship.
- Lead the Youth Ministry Team in preparing an annual budget that is reflective of the goals and objectives of the ministry.
- Foster healthy relationships and partnerships with parents and guardians of all youth.
- Keep abreast of youth trends and resources needed in order to serve as an advisor to the church on ministering to youth.
- Follow-up and liaison with youth visitors and their parents.