October 18, 2020
Message by Dr. Peter Golin, Guest Speaker
Scripture Passage: James 2:1-13, 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
Description: At least 25% of the people at every church suffer from a significant mental health problem today. By the end of the year, the statistics in the US and Canada show that 50% of congregants will have gone through a mental health issue.
As a Christian, how can you begin caring for your friend, family member, and neighbour who suffers from a mental health problem:
- Make sure that you help these people get a true medical professional diagnosis.
- Help them prayerfully consider the medical treatment plan often.
- Encourage these people to always combine medical treatment with sound spiritual Christian treatment.
- Help these people to seek spiritual support.
- Be an advocate for your church.
- Love these people unconditionally.
- Provide these people with physical, emotional, and spiritual help during their mental illness.