‘‘In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ’’ - Acts 20:35
Due to COVID, VCBC encourages online tithing/offering using Interac e-Transfer Auto-deposit. You can now use your online banking to make an Interac e-Transfer to VCBC. Please contact Hannah at the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the designated VCBC email address before making your first e-Transfer. The funds will be deposited into VCBC’s bank account automatically.
Due to COVID, we will not be passing offering bags during service. An offering box will be set up at the church foyer during Sunday Services. Participants may obtain offering envelopes and pens at our sign-in tables.
HOW TO SETUP E-TRANSFER
Once you have obtained the designated VCBC email address, please follow these steps:
- Log into online banking on your bank's website.
- Select “Send an Interac e-Transfer”.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter the recipient name “VCBC”.
- Enter the recipient email address. Please contact Hannah at the Church Office (email@example.com) to obtain the designated VCBC email address before making your first e-Transfer.
- The system will recognize that VCBC has set up Autodeposit and will not ask you to set a security question.
- In the message box for the transfer, enter your VCBC donation number and which fund (i.e. general, mission, building or charity) you want your donations to go to.
- The confirmation screen will show the fees your bank will charge. The fees may depend on the type of account (e.g. chequing, savings). You can choose the account with lowest fees before you confirm the transfer.
- Submit the transfer (this usually involves clicking a button such as “Submit”).
- After you’ve made the transfer, check its in your online banking system. If the status is unclear and you want to confirm with us that VCBC has received your transfer, email church staff member Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Beware of suspicious phishing schemes! You will NOT receive any emails from the VCBC designated email address. If you receive any emails from this email address, DO NOT open those emails, DO NOT not click any links in those emails, and DO NOT not open any attachments in those emails. Please forward any such emails immediately to email@example.com.
- In order to keep the administrative work for our office staff to a manageable level, please regularize your tithing/offering to once a month.
If you have any questions, please contact Victor Lai (Finance Committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.